Administration ♦ Council ♦ Elders ♦ Worship & Faith ♦ Peace Project
Pastoral Care ♦ Youth ♦ Information ♦ News & Events ♦ History ♦ WUC Home ♦ Privacy
Warrandyte Uniting Church Mission and Outreach
John Hanson Phone: 9844 3906 firstname.lastname@example.org John is a retired primary school teacher and is still teaching part time. He has been a member of the Church for more than 30 years, during which time he has served as elder, mission/outreach co-ordinator, care group contact, youth leader, Sunday school teacher, and tennis player. In the community, apart from casual teaching duties, John is a Religious Education co-ordinator, and is involved in several community activities with a leaning toward environmental issues and preservation.
Mission/Outreach involves a large amount of individual effort such as inviting people to church, and helping people to reach their needs. During a typical year, many outreaching projects are carried out. Many projects are undertaken, with both a local and overseas focus. The Church also has a visible presence at community activities, for example at the annual Warrandyte Festival and the Warrandyte Christmas Market, and arranges events where the general public are welcome.
Definition of Mission/Outreach :
The continuation of Christís mission - bearing witness to him, healing, service to the wider community and preparing others to respond to him in faith.
Aim of the Mission/Outreach Task Group :
Develop and maintain effective Christian mission and outreach activities in, and beyond, our local community.
Responsibilities of the Mission/Outreach Task Group:
- Seek opportunities for continuing and short-term Christian mission and outreach initiatives.
- Identify mission and outreach activities with other Uniting and Christian churches, and community groups.
- Discuss, plan and coordinate mission and outreach activities within the church and community.
- Identify and encourage individual and group mission and outreach participants.
- Ensure the provision of adequate human, physical and financial resources for effective mission and outreach.
- Encourage and assist mission and outreach participants to receive appropriate training, support and resourcing.
- Promote and publicise mission and outreach activities within the church and the community.